Berlin is an amazing city. There is still the division between east and west, history is everywhere along with abandoned buildings and graffiti. A black and white series shot on film with the Leica M7 shows the modern Berlin. Best printed on Gold Mono Silk.
The Volksbühne ("People's Theatre") is a theatre in Berlin, Germany. Located in Berlin's city centre Mitte on Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz (Rosa Luxemburg Square) in what was the GDR's capital.
The Volksbühne was built during the years 1913 to 1914 and was designed by Oskar Kaufmann, with integrated sculpture by Franz Metzner. It opened on December 30, 1914 and has its origin in an organization known as the "Freie Volksbühne" ("Free People's Theatre") which sketched out the vision for a theatre "of the people" in 1892. The goal of the organization was to promote the naturalist plays of the day at prices accessible to the common worker. The original slogan inscribed on the edifice was "Die Kunst dem Volke" ("Art to the people"). During World War II, the theatre was heavily damaged like much of the rest of Berlin. From 1950 to 1954, it was rebuilt according to the design of architect Hans Richter.